Hi, I had a lot of trouble connecting this expensive bluetooth midi controller, so I can use it in Ableton and Reason, etc. Here is my current workaround, it ain’t pretty:
1. Get Windows to at least pair with the bluetooth xkey. For me, it flashed ‘Connected’ for a second, then went to ‘Paired’.
2. I installed loopMIDI, and clicked the button to create a new port instance.
3. I installed MIDIBerry from the Microsoft store. This lets you select your input and output, allowing you to map the bluetooth xkey to something else, e.g. a loopMIDI port. I selected xkey BLE for the input, and the new loopMIDI port for the output.
I was then able to connect.