January 8, 2017 at 7:55 am #28319basscomaParticipant
Hello, I faced some trouble of connecting XKey Air 37 with external BT dongle.
I think it is matter of macbook’s protection policy problem but it is quite weird
so I think it is worth sharing with other smart users.
– One BT dongle, Two old Mac, one works but other doesn’t –
I have 2 MacBook Pro, 13-inch and 15-inch early 2011 both.
Since they don’t support BT 4.0, I only can connect Xkey Air with MBP(MacBook Pro) via external BT 4.0 dongle by GMYLE.
With BT dongle by GMYLE, connection between Xkey Air and 15-inch MBP is perfect by following the instruction given this forum. But when it comes to 13-inch MBP, it doesn’t work. I can see my XKey Air 37 on the list in Audio MIDI Setup – BT, but my MBP 13-inch rejects connection.Whenever I click the button ‘connect’, connection couldn’t make it but it shows ‘connect’ button again.
Do you have any idea in this case? I can record video to show my condition if you need.
Please help me and let me know if someone have any idea for it.
USB connection works fine and firmware version is up to date.
External BT Dongle I have : Bluetooth Adapter Dongle, GMYLE® Ultra-Mini USB Broadcom BCM20702 Class 2 Bluetooth V4.0 Dual Mode Dongle Wireless Adapter with LED
Amazon Link :
January 8, 2017 at 11:30 am #28321
- This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by basscoma.
Hi Basscoma, does each MBP has same Mac OS version?
If you put this question to our facebook user group, maybe other Xkey Air user has better suggestion for you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CMEXkeyusers/January 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm #28322basscomaParticipant
YES, both have same OS X version, OS X Sierra the latest version.January 8, 2017 at 12:50 pm #28323
This is strange. Please try to post your question on our facebook user group, I hope other pro users can answer your question.
By the way, you can also try below steps:
– Disconnect your keyboard from the Mac
– Open the Audio and MIDI utilities app on your Mac, open the MIDI devices window.
– You should see all devices previously connected to your Mac
– Select all devices listed as a CME or Xkey
– Delete all of them
– Press the “Reinit MIDI” button
– Then, open the disk utilities, select the drive on which you OS is installed and launch a “repair disk permissions”.
– Reconnect your XkeyFebruary 4, 2018 at 11:07 am #28658GnasselParticipant
I am a new air user and I have exactly the same issue with my iMac 27 mid 2011.
I can see my XKey Air 37 on the list in Audio MIDI Setup – BT, but my MBP 13-inch rejects connection.Whenever I click the button ‘connect’, connection couldn’t make it but it shows ‘connect’ button again.
Are there any hints?
With the bt let dongle I can perfectly use my iPad via bt midi, but the keys air rejects.February 5, 2018 at 11:53 am #28659
Hi Gnassel, sorry. We cannot reproduce this issue here. We will try to test it again.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.