- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 5 days ago by MartinHines.
October 19, 2020 at 9:32 pm #31484MartinHinesParticipant
These are step-by-step instructions based on information provided by User “POD” in another thread.
Xkey Air Windows 10 Setup
Problem: I can pair the Xkey Air 25 in Windows 10, but it won’t connect (i.e. no music programs see the Xkey Air as a midi device).
[As a side note, if I connect via the USB cable, music programs do see the Xkey Air as a USB Midi Device]
INSTALL TWO MIDI UTILITY APPLICATIONS (ONE-TIME OPERATION)
01. In the Windows Store, download and install the free MIDIberry app.
02. Download and install the ‘loopMIDI” free software:
SETUP Xkey Air MIDI DEVICE
03. Power on the Xkey Air 25.
04. Using Windows 10 Bluetooth, pair with the Xkey Air. When successful, the Windows 10 “Bluetooth and Other Devices” window will show:
Xkey Air 25 BLE
[I have an ASUS Bluetooth USB Adapter]
05. Launch “loopMIDI”. Click the “+” button at the lower left of the screen:
— This will create the following MIDI port:
— Keep this app running
06. Launch “MIDIberry”. The main software window will be presented showing INPUT and OUTPUT:
— in the INPUT section, click on the “Xkey Air 25 BLE (Bluetooth MIDI IN)…” entry. The line will be highlighted in blue after being clicked
— in the OUTPUT section, click on the “loopMIDI Port … entry. The line will be highlighted in blue after being clicked
— minimize the MIDIberry main software window
07. At this point, if you view the Windows 10 “Bluetooth & other devices” window, you will see:
Xkey Air 25 BLE
08. Open any Windows 10 music application , go to the MIDI Setup section and select “loopMIDI Port” as the MIDI IN Device.
Example KORG M1
— Select “System”, then “Preferences”, then select the “MIDI Settings” tab, then set “Device 1” as “loopMIDI Port”.
Example Spectrasonics Keyscape
— Select “View” (at the top left corner), then “Settings”. In the “Active MIDI Inputs” section, click on the “loopMIDI Port” checkbox
Example Native Instruments Kontakt 6
— At the top left corner select “File”, then “Options”. On the left side of the “Options” window select “MIDI”.
— Within “Inputs”, select the “loopMIDI Port”, and click on the “Status” entry to change the Status to “Port A”, then click “Close”.
09. You should be able to play the Xkey Air and the music app will receive the MIDI input.
10. When finished:
— Close the loopMIDI app
— Close the MIDIberry app
December 13, 2022 at 8:17 am #36264frederickgraggParticipant
- This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by MartinHines.
I like Certsdone customer supports they help me to restore my PC while I am studying my certification exams, CompTIA 220-1101 certification questions provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt.August 23, 2023 at 2:09 pm #39655Julius7Participant
I’d like to know where and how I can get a license key for Windows 11. I’m interested in the availability of reliable and trusted places where I can get an official key at a reasonable price. If there is any guidance or advice regarding the selection of resellers or distributors to ensure the authenticity and reliability of the key, I would be very grateful for the information.August 23, 2023 at 2:11 pm #39656Ridic7Participant
Greetings! I have purchased a license key for Windows 11 and would like to share my positive experience. Buy Windows 11 Key here, as it guarantees the authenticity and reliability of the key. Although the price may be a little higher, I am sure that I received a high quality product that will serve me reliably throughout the entire period of use. I recommend considering this option for those looking for stability and authenticity when buying a Windows 11 key.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.